Phasellus viverra purus
aliquet Fusce dignissim feugiat
Agency for Food Safety has strong co-operative and ethical values that influence the company and the way we run our businesses:
OUR CO-OPERATIVE VALUES.
The following is available through Agency for Food Safety either directly or by association:
- Food legislation advisory services
- Export approval process consultation, assessment, pre-audit or designated approval audit.*
- Designated legal compliance audits*: Act 40 / 2000, R962, VPN04 - ostrich farms; VPN05 - wild game farms; VPN08&09 - wild game harvesting; VPN20 - dairy products; VPN 42 - pork imports ( 'PRRS') or applicable EC regulations, decisions and directives ( EU exports ), etc.
- Reference service for abattoir condemnations and other technical matters.
- Assistance with retail related matters, e.g. queries, audits, claims, etc.
- External examination for tertiary institutions or other professional bodies.
- BLNS Standard Operating Procedure
- First Line Auditing*
*Subject to DAFF Official Approval
In the company structure of Agency for Food Safety our personnel competency is enhanced by the following standards training:
- ISO 19011 Lead Auditor ( FSMS)
- ISO 22000 Auditor
- BRC 3rd Party Auditor
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor
- PRP ( SANS 10049 ) and HACCP ( SANS 10330 / BRC HACCP intermediary )
- ISO 17020 awareness
Auditors of Agency for Food Safety hold valid registration numbers with internationally recognized auditing certification authorities under the Food Safety Management Systems ( FSMS ) schemes for the following food stuff sectors:
- Raw red meat
- Raw poultry
- Raw prepared products, e.g. retail butchery, curing, processing, vacuum packing, etc.
- Dairy and dairy based processed products, e.g. ice cream, powdered milk, butter, etc.
- Cooked meat and fish products
- Raw cured and / or fermented meat and fish
- Animal farming ( animal health )
- Transport, storage, distribution and wholesale
- Pet food ( other than canned )
Additional sector experience available:
- Oils and fats, e.g. mayonnaise ( oil based food products )
- Dairy farming, e.g. milking parlours
- Poultry ( shell egg / avian health )
- Feed production ( including carcass rendering - sterilization plants, feed mills)
- Specialized ingredients, e.g. enzymes, active food ingredients
- Animal by-products, e.g. tanneries, feathers, egg shells, intermediate hide and skins stores, taxidermy
OUR ETHICAL VALUES
- Openness - nobody's perfect, and we won't hide it when we're not.
Honesty-we are honest about what we do and the way wedo it.
- Social responsibility - we encourage people to take responsibility for their own community, and work together to improve it.
- Caring for others - we believe in getting actively involved with local community groups and charity actions in areas where services are delivered